Did you know that 73% B2C content creators said that “creating more visual content” was their top priority for 2017?
Having consistent branding across all of your social networks is an important piece of the puzzle to building trust within your community online. Achieving this, means creating visuals that “fit” all of the dimensions for each social network.
You will also need to understand the dimensions around the visuals you are sharing across your Social Media platforms because the visuals that work on Pinterest, will not work on Instagram. The same goes for all of the other social networks.
In essence, you need a Social Media image size guide.
Yes, it can be difficult and time consuming to create separate images, but brand consistency is key. I am going to be sharing with you the most up-to-date Social Media image size guide that covers everything you will need.
Facebook posts from brands that included images earned 87 percent of all engagements, eMarketer reported. With Facebook’s algorithm consistently changing, here is the most up to date Social Media image size guide for Facebook.
Facebook Top Tips:
- Use more than one image
- Use link backs to your content in each Social Media post
- Consider posting on a Saturday or Sunday between 12pm – 1pm
Buffer reported that Tweets with images earned up to 18 percent more clicks, 89 percent more favorites, and 150 percent more retweets. See below for a visual breakdown of Twitter’s Social Media image size guide.
- Use a visual in every single tweet
- Always use the correct sizes (shown above) so that your images are not blurry
- Consider posting your visuals on Wednesday between 12pm – 1pm and 5pm – 6pm.
Did you know that adding a profile picture to your LinkedIn profile makes you 36x more likely to receive messages and 21x more views? Whilst LinkedIn is still a professional network, images still matter.
- Keep your images professional
- Always add images to the blogs you post on LinkedIn Pulse
- Consider posting images mid-week between 5pm – 6pm.
Approximately 17% of people on Facebook come online with a mindset of purchasing a product. On Pinterest, 80% of them come to decide what to purchase.
Pinterest is completely visual-based and a great network to use when sharing engaging visuals.
- Always add a link back to your website when uploading, posting or re-pinning images.
- Create engaging infographics with factual information to get the best possible engagement.
- Consider posting on Saturdays from 8pm – 11pm.
Engagement with brands on Instagram is 10 times higher than Facebook, 54 times higher than Pinterest, and 84 times higher than Twitter and this is because of how visual Instagram is but, what are the best dimensions to make the most out of Instagram?
- Use the slideshow feature to upload multiple images
- Always add a filter to your Instagram visuals using Snapseed
- Consider posting on Monday between 2pm – 3pm and 8pm – 9pm
Whilst Google+ is not my choice of network for engaging inside of, it is a great network to use when looking at getting on the first page of Google Images for your keywords.
- Add an image to every post on Google+.
- Use a png. file format rather than jpeg. for highest resolution.
- Consider posting on weekdays between 9am – 11am.
Now that you have all of the up to date Social Media Image Size Guide dimensions, I have a free image creation tool I want to share with you that will allow you to resize your images for each social network so that YOU don’t have to.
Canva is one of my favourite tools, and allows you to not only create professional looking images, but also resize images based on Social Media image size guide dimensions saving you the hassle of having to do it yourself.
You can sign up to canva for free here.
You have the dimensions, and the tools but what’s next? How are you going to utilise your images to increase engagement by up to 150%?
Does this sound like you?
- You don’t know how to enhance visuals
- You don’t know how to win business at ZERO cost through organic Google traffic
- 200% lead generation increase would change your business online
- Successfully integrating your image marketing into your overall marketing strategy is something you need
- You find it difficult to create images that go viral
- You need to understand the best social networks for your business
My CERTIFIED webinar will help you understand how-to use visual content used on your website and through your social networks to increase brand awareness, generate leads and boosts your sales!
HOW YOU’LL BENEFIT:
- Successfully integrate your image marketing into your overall marketing strategy.
- Develop an Image Content Plan using proven templates
- In 2016, 80.20% of all the Posts published were photos and videos
- Win new business at ZERO cost by driving organic traffic from Google
- Why images are so important for your social media activity
You can access the recording via the link below.
Ready to produce game-changing digital results in your business?
Subscribe to receive cutting edge insights on digital leadership and transformation- straight to your inbox
We do not sell or share your information with anyone.
Leave A Comment