Did you know that 57% of companies with a blog acquire most customers? Blogging is an essential part of your businesses digital and content marketing, making it crucial for achieving sales. So, how can you generate more sales from having a blog? Keep reading.
Blogging has been identified as one of the most successful ways to attract customers. 77% of internet users read blogs. 70% of customers learn about a company through articles rather than ads. Below is an image of two case studies which shows how effective blogging can be.
It is surprising to see that statistics show blogging to be more influential in a purchasing decision than advertising. Companies that blog have 80% more new website visitors and blogging weekly earns businesses twice as much traffic.
Top Traffic Sources
Blogging is not just a traffic generator, it is also a lead generator for many businesses online. SME’s have seen their leads increase by 126% from just blogging and B2B marketers who utilise blogging see a 67% increase in lead generation.
Why do Marketers Prefer Blogging Over Other Methods?
Making sure your efforts generate results, here are some things for you to consider when it comes to blogging;
- Always provide value for your audience
- Create content that is unique, sharable and suitable for your audience
- Make sure you have an audience on social media and through email marketing to share your blog with
- Build consistent distribution channels e.g. LinkedIn Groups and Google+ Communities
Best practice tips;
- Posting more than once a week drives twice as much traffic
- Blogs have the highest traffic on Monday and Friday morning (and the highest social shares on Thursday)
- Quality over quantity. Only post a blog when you have something worth sharing
- Use your keywords
See the full infographic here.